Wednesday 7 March 2012

Portraits of Light




Top: Still Life with Roses.
Centre: Portrait of Light.
Bottom: Saccharine Roses.

While sitting at my computer last night, I had an idea.
I thought that, as it's Mother's Day this coming Sunday here in the UK, I'd try my hand at creating something.
Now I admit that I'm hardly the world's greatest artist. Far from it, in fact - but I must admit that I felt quite pleased with myself when I finished these pictures. In fact, you should have seen the grin on my face!

Saccharine Roses was my first project of the night, created using Photoshop. I then experimented with styles and filters to create Still Life with Roses. A further experiment with filters resulted in Portrait of Light.

I don't often say this, but I'm actually quite pleased with the way they turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Who told me that Mother's Day was TODAY in the UK?
    Only my kid brother!
    I spent all day yesterday dashing round the shops in a complete panic, looking around for gifts! All that for nothing!
    My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience I may have caused.

    Hmmm... I think I need a cunning plan to get back at him (and I must make a mental note to keep checking my diary in future...

    ReplyDelete